Janelle my princess is growing up! She is very loving and kindhearted.

Janelle my princess is growing up! She is very loving and kindhearted.
This is a product of health,happiness & wholeness: Beautiful smile!

Janiah is growing up! I will be seeing her for the first time on her third birthday.

Janiah is growing up! I will be seeing her for the first time on her third birthday.
This is a product of health, happiness, and wholeness. Check out her pose!

Remembering the wisdom of the past and updating it.

When we deny one aspect of life, sooner or later we notice the price, personally and culturally, of our blindness. The Eastern cultures have exclusively mastered the inner life, but this has been accompanied by material poverty. We in the West have exclusively mastered the outer life but ended up with spiritual poverty. In both instances, achievements in one direction led to suffering in the other. That is why the East is now witnessing a rise in materialism, and the West is now experiencing a rising interest in the mind and spirit. In each case the forgotten half of the human experience eventually reasserts itself as our life force continue to seek a balance of inner and outer that alone can lead to sustained health, happiness, and wholeness.
We do not need to invent something new; we merely need to remember the wisdom of the past and update it for our time.

Reference:
Dascher S, Elliot. Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. (pp. 25, 31). CA:Basic Health Publication, 2006

Monday, December 28, 2009

Practice of the Loving Kindness Exercise

Upon completion of reading chapter 6, review the section ‘Getting Started’ (p.66). Begin practice 1: Loving Kindness. Listen to tracks # 1 and #2 on the Dacher CD. Practice the Loving Kindness exercise this week. In your journal (blog), record your reaction to the exercise.

As I began to practice the loving kindness exercise, I realized that the Mr. Dacher voice was very relaxing even in the explanation of the exercise. When I hear a relaxing voice tone, I immediately begin to relax. I began to let go of the noises that were in the background. I listened and I began to get into a state of deeper relaxation. It was as if all of the words spoken by him were becoming one with my mind, body, and spirit. Can you imagine this was just track 1?

As I continued to listen, I became so relaxed that I felt the words soothing my wholeness. I assumed that the next voice was that of a relaxed female. She said, “Resting comfortably in your natural state of peace and ease, bring to mind an individual who you hold with great love and tenderness”. My heart started to open on all levels and I felt it expanding as I chose my dad. As she spoke the words, the tone of her voice was so soothing that I felt the fullness of the experience. The sound of the waves made me feel awesome…soooo…relaxed. I was so ready to fall out. As I turned the feelings to myself, it appeared that I was shaking for a few seconds. I felt the sensations and was at peace. I continued to loosen my grip on physical sensations and my co-worker came into my office. He was angry and tried to disturb me by arguing. I shifted to the disturbance and I gave him all the loving kindness that I could and continued in my trance. My concentration and relaxation continued as I smiled and realized the growth and the lesson involved. I welcomed his disturbance into my life and let it be, as I rested comfortably in my natural state of peace and ease…..

I embraced myself as the unique and loving individual that I am. I felt at that moment that I can and will continue to give love to the world because of the loving kindness I have within me. I loosened all grasping to thoughts and images and I became an observer to thoughts and feelings. I shifted to pleasant and unpleasant feelings and gave them space. As I rested in the stillness, ease, and gentleness of my subtle mind, the deeper side of my life; my soul and spirit, I gave all the loving kindness and welcome it. I know that to give loving kindness, I must first experience it. The ocean waves massaged my whole being and loosened all tightness in my muscles, as I continued to experience loving kindness.

I visualized my mother in her suffering and let it dissolved in my heart. The dark cloud began to rise with my in breath, but it took a while to dissolve within my heart. I breathe in love, health, and happiness, and exhaled health and joy to her. The suffering of the strangers dissolved easier than the suffering of my mother. I sent out peace and wellness that was growing within me to them. As I embraced all individuals, including those that I believe may be enemies; I envisioned all of them in front of me and breathe in suffering with my in breath. I sent out wellness, happiness, and peace to them. This is actually awesome and I see it as another way to mentally send health and wellness to those that are suffering. It was truly rewarding in the area of inner peace as I came to my present state of mind and body. I wrote this as a part of my journal. With the deepest regards to human flourishing, I send blessings in the area of loving kindness which equals wisdom, and an increasing concern and compassion for the wellbeing of all the inhabitants of the world. My mind is calmer and better prepared to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment